[Samba] Clarification requested

John Gardeniers jgardeniers at objectmastery.com
Fri Jan 29 03:38:23 UTC 2016

There are smb.conf items which can have multiple entries. e.g. "admin
users". I see examples showing both comma separated and whitespace
separated lists. Even our old Samba 3 conf file shows both being used.
The man page doesn't show an example of a multiple list at all, so that
doesn't help to clear this up.

So, for the sake of clarity, what is the proper/recommended separator?
Does it even matter? If it's not important, what are the valid separators?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm getting some odd and inconsistent
results in one of my tests and I just want to make sure this isn't part
of the problem.

regards,
John