[Samba] samba member server

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Thu Jan 28 18:04:54 UTC 2016

On 28.01.2016 18:28, mathias dufresne wrote:
> Hi Eduardo,
>
> I would first try to set up kerberos before trying to join the member to
> the domain.
>
> If your member is Linux (which seems to be):
> So copy /path/to/samba/private/krb5.conf from a DC to /etc on you rmember
> server.
> Set up your resolver to be able to send DNS request to AD servers
> (nameserver field in /etc/resolv.conf)
>
> Then you should be able to try kinit:
> dc108:~# kinit administrator
> Password for administrator at AD.DOMAIN.TLD:
> Warning: Your password will expire in 40 days on mer. 09 mars 2016 12:57:45
> CET
> dc108:~#
>
> And if it fails, insist : )
>
> Once you solve your kerberos issue, try to join the member.
>
> Cheers,
>
> mathias

>> Hello:
>>
>> I'm setting up a Samba as a domain member server, but when I run the
>> command to attach it to my domain server gives me the following error
>>
>> ./net ads join -U administrator
>> Enter administrator's password:
>> Failed to join domain: failed to set machine kerberos encryption types: No
>> such attribute
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Eduardo

And if Mathias' advice doesn't help: The best way to get support here is
to first confirm that you have read and understood the wiki, that you
have followed the instructions there and consulted the troubleshooting
pages. If that's the case, explain, in detail, how your (Samba) network
looks like, what it is you are trying to achieve, which steps you have
taken up to here and provide output to all the relevant commands, and
provide a copy to the relevant configuration files.

Viktor