[Samba] Snipe-IT ldap integration / Create read only user

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jan 26 13:09:56 UTC 2016

On 26/01/16 12:48, James wrote:
> On 1/25/2016 4:37 PM, Rowland penny wrote:
>> On 25/01/16 19:37, James wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>     I'm able to successfully authenticate Snipe-IT against Samba.
>>> However looking through the documentation for the ldap config.
>>>
>>> http://docs.snipeitapp.com/manual/user-management/index.html
>>>
>>> I see LDAP Bind Username |cn=read-only-admin,dc=example,dc=com. |How
>>> do I create a read only user in Samba?|Thanks.
>>>

>> How are you running Samba ? as an AD DC or something else.
>>
>> Rowland
>>

> As a ADDC.

In which case it is easy, especially as the page you linked to has
'Example'  above the user DN you posted.
Using your favourite way of creating AD users, create a user, that's it!
The user will have read-only access to AD and read/write access to its
own AD object.

You should be aware that the user, by default, will be created in
'CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com' not in 'DC=example,DC=com' as shown on the
linked page.

Rowland