[Samba] net rpc rights list

Henry McLaughlin henry at incred.com.au
Tue Jan 19 19:34:59 UTC 2016

I have sssd configured and working with my domain member server and I now
wish to grant the SeDiskOperatorPrivilege to the "MYDOMAIN\Domain Admins"
group. When I execute the command it appears to disregard the domain name
and grant the privileges to the group "Unix Group\domain admins"

net rpc rights list accounts -U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:

Unix Group\domain admins
No privileges assigned

net rpc rights grant 'MYDOMAIN\Domain Admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
-U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:
Successfully granted rights.

net rpc rights list accounts -U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:

Unix Group\domain admins
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

net rpc rights revoke 'MYDOMAIN\Domain Admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
-U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:
Successfully revoked rights.

net rpc rights list accounts -U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:

Unix Group\domain admins
No privileges assigned

Below I have completely removed the domain name from the command and still
get the same outcome.

net rpc rights grant 'Domain Admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
-U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:
Successfully granted rights.

net rpc rights list accounts -U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:

Unix Group\domain admins
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

Does this behaviour appear correct or am I missing something in my config
that identifies the domain name?