[Samba] Samab DC's not syncing

Nico De Ranter nico.deranter at esaturnus.com
Fri Jan 15 07:47:54 UTC 2016

Turned out at least part of the problem was due to the missing sysvol
replication.  Apparently I missed that this is important when using GPO's
:-)

However, when I now do a samba-tool ldapcmp I see there is still a
difference in the DOMAIN section altough it is shown as 'SUCCESS'.  Why
would that be?

root at dc2:~# samba-tool ldapcmp ldap://dc1 ldap://dc2 -Uadministrator
--filter=msDS-NcType,serverState,subrefs
INFO: Current debug levels:
  all: 5
  tdb: 5
  printdrivers: 5
  lanman: 5
  smb: 5
  rpc_parse: 5
  rpc_srv: 5
  rpc_cli: 5
  passdb: 5
  sam: 5
  auth: 5
  winbind: 5
  vfs: 5
  idmap: 5
  quota: 5
  acls: 5
  locking: 5
  msdfs: 5
  dmapi: 5
  registry: 5
  scavenger: 5
  dns: 5
  ldb: 5
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[sysvol]"
pm_process() returned Yes
added interface ens160 ip=192.168.2.6 bcast=192.168.7.255
netmask=255.255.248.0
added interface ens160 ip=192.168.2.6 bcast=192.168.7.255
netmask=255.255.248.0
GENSEC backend 'gssapi_spnego' registered
GENSEC backend 'gssapi_krb5' registered
GENSEC backend 'gssapi_krb5_sasl' registered
GENSEC backend 'schannel' registered
GENSEC backend 'spnego' registered
GENSEC backend 'ntlmssp' registered
GENSEC backend 'krb5' registered
GENSEC backend 'fake_gssapi_krb5' registered
Starting GENSEC mechanism spnego
Starting GENSEC submechanism gssapi_krb5
Password for [OFFICE\administrator]:
gensec_gssapi: credentials were delegated
GSSAPI Connection will have no cryptographic protection
added interface ens160 ip=192.168.2.6 bcast=192.168.7.255
netmask=255.255.248.0
added interface ens160 ip=192.168.2.6 bcast=192.168.7.255
netmask=255.255.248.0
Starting GENSEC mechanism spnego
Starting GENSEC submechanism gssapi_krb5
gensec_gssapi: credentials were delegated
GSSAPI Connection will have no cryptographic protection

* Comparing [DOMAIN] context...

* DN lists have different size: 400 != 399
    CN=NICO-PC-VM,OU=OPS,OU=DomainComputers,DC=win,DC=office
    CN=NICO-VM,CN=Computers,DC=win,DC=office
    CN=NICO-VM,OU=OPS,OU=DomainComputers,DC=win,DC=office

* Objects to be compared: 398

* Result for [DOMAIN]: SUCCESS

* Comparing [CONFIGURATION] context...

* Objects to be compared: 1615