[Samba] Samba AD with Microsoft Account

Jean-Philippe Steinmetz caskater47 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 23:13:48 UTC 2016

Viktor is correct. That is what I am trying to accomplish.

The reason why I suspect it's a samba issue is because on the workstation I
use at my company I am able to successfully link my Microsoft account to
the domain profile. The company uses a Windows Server 2008 for Active
Directory. So it would stand to reason the only difference here is the type
of server being used.

Thank you for the link to the profile migration tool however. That did help
with a different problem. I tried migrating my existing local profile which
did have my MS account linked. The profile is now migrated but i've lost
the link to the MS account.

When I go to add it back I get the same behavior as before. It just doesn't
work. If I open the Store app and try to sign-in with the MS account I get
the error message "We encountered an error. Please try signing in again
later."