[Samba] wide links and privileges

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jan 4 08:11:34 UTC 2016

>From :  man smb.conf

Which explains it self.

       enable privileges (G)

           This deprecated parameter controls whether or not smbd will honor privileges assigned to specific SIDs via either net rpc rights or one of the Windows user and
           group manager tools. This parameter is enabled by default. It can be disabled to prevent members of the Domain Admins group from being able to assign privileges
           to users or groups which can then result in certain smbd operations running as root that would normally run under the context of the connected user.

           An example of how privileges can be used is to assign the right to join clients to a Samba controlled domain without providing root access to the server via
           smbd.

           Please read the extended description provided in the Samba HOWTO documentation.

           Default: enable privileges = yes