[Samba] Please review my smb.conf

DavidA dandbnews2 at talktalk.net
Sat Jan 2 20:59:06 UTC 2016

Hi Rowland

> (just a thought, you have given the Samba server a fixed ipaddress,
> hostname and domain name, haven't you ?).

The Pi has a fixed IP address and hostname.  I see:

$ cat /etc/hostname
RPHS

$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by resolvconf
nameserver 208.67.222.123
nameserver 208.67.220.123

So the DNS seems arbitrary.  I don't understand what the DNS should be for a
home network.  Sorry for my ignorance.

BR

David