[Samba] Problems after migration from samba 3.5.2 to samba 4.3.1

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Feb 17 18:43:02 UTC 2016

On 17/02/16 18:10, Fernando Favero wrote:
> Well.... I know that this problem is very weird, but, does anyone know how
> to identify where the problem is??
> My domain controler shows only groups... not users, and smbclient shows:

OK, whilst I cannot understand why 'wbinfo -u' doesn't show your users,
I see that you are now using the winbind 'ad' backend, have you given
all your users a unique uidNumber inside the range you have set in
smb.conf on the fileservers (2000-50000) ??? You will also need to give
'Domain Users' a gidNumber attribute, again inside the range set in
smb.conf.

Rowland