[Samba] RV: Security tab missing, and another error

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Feb 11 22:06:31 UTC 2016

On 11/02/16 21:20, Oscar . wrote:

> Tnx for your help.
>
> I have removed trash in smb.conf and fstab.
>
> I can change permissions now accessing \\samba.pdc.casa
> <file://samba.pdc.casa>
>
> >> also <getent group "Domain Admins"> dont return anything and if i write <chgrp "Domain Admins"
> /usuarios> :
> >>
> >> chgrp: group invalid: «Domain Admins»
> >
> >Is PAM setup correctly ?
> >Is /etc/nsswinbind setup correctly ?
>
> How i can check it? Is there anymore needed to install to command
> getent and chown “Domain Admins” will work?

Well as you are using debian, you could run 'pam-auth-update' in a
terminal, this should show if winbind is being used.

If PAM is set up correctly, check that the passwd & group lines in
/etc/nsswitch.conf have 'winbind' in them, they should look similar to this:

passwd:         compat winbind
group:          compat winbind

Rowland