[Samba] AD + Bind DLZ + Site

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 11:20:33 UTC 2016

Another question:
6° In DNS zone _msdcs, at root, there is one DNS record per DC. These
records are those which have to create manually and are rlated to
objectGuid as explained there:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Check_and_fix_DNS_entries_on_DC_joins#Resolve_the_objectGUID_CNAME_record_of_the_new_joined_Domain_Controller

I have for now 4 DC in my second site, two of them have 2 records when the
2 others have only 1.
These additional records are <DC related objectGuid>CNF:<another uuid>

<another uuid> is not the same for these two records. These two records are
related to 2 different DC.

Are they supposed to exist? If yes aren't they supposed to exist for all 4
DC in this second site?

Best regards,

mathias