[Samba] Sernet 4.3.X package is no longer free :/

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 14:09:19 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 8:28 AM, Rowland Penny
<rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Never just perform ./configure && make && make install.
>> Never.

> Why not ? it will put all the files in the place that the wiki expects them
> to be.

As for where a plain ./configure puts the file I prefer the
/usr/local/... installs for self-compiled products. I think it's a lot
cleaner then using the directories that under the surveillance of the
system's package manger. Makes for a much cleaner environment IMO.
However I do like to customize (add or subtract - usually it's
subtraction) the needed feature set for the particular installation
(but not specifically necessary). I usually create a file via
"./configure --help > cfg.txt" to keep in view while doing the initial
configure. Note that previous configure options are available in
"<src>/bin/config.log" to be readily reused after an update (git
pull).

Chris