[Samba] unixHomeDirectory, loginShell, etc. on Samba4 AD DC

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Tue Sep 15 19:20:56 UTC 2015

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 20:17:33 +0200
buhorojo <buhorojo.lcb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15/09/15 19:50, Jim Seymour wrote:
> > there is no way for a given network user to have both an AD and
> > Unix login, on the same host, having the same username, UID, etc.,
> > when Is my understanding correct? Thanks, Jim
> Hi
> You can have AD users log into both. winbind doesn't work on a DC.
> Why not forget it, prevent it starting and use sssd, which works
> everywhere on any box in your domain? You then get the full set of
> all rfc2307 without exception. Everywhere.

I'll take a look at it, buhorojo.  Thanks for the hint.

So you mind if I pester you for help? :)

(As you can see: I can be quite a pest.)

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is