[Samba] Stopping smbd from looking for cups

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Sep 11 12:34:38 UTC 2015

The wiki recommends running the AD standalone.  I read that with no
shares (well maybe login scripts and profiles) or printers.

I have noticed in /var/log/messages attempts by smbd to access cups
information.  I have not loaded cups on this server.

How do I turn off printing services?  I do not see it listed in
/etc/smaba/smb.conf:

[global]
     workgroup = HOME
     realm = HOME.HTT
     netbios name = HOMEBASE
     server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
     idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

I created this AD with the classicupgrade script.