[Samba] Please Help!!! smbcontrol close-share

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Sep 8 16:08:36 UTC 2015

Hello Carlos,

Am 08.09.2015 um 17:42 schrieb Carlos R.P.Evertsz:
> I found that 'smbcontrol close-share' command  supposed to do that, but
> when i try to run command it doesn't work.
>
>         sudo smbcontrol smbd close-share My_Share

Have you read the manpage of smbcontrol? "close-share" just closes all
connections to a share, without affecting other client connections. It
doesn't remove a share.

> It returns the following:
>
>             Ignoring unknown parameter "use client drivers"
>            WARNING: [printers] service MUST be printable!
>            Ignoring unknown parameter "use client drivers"

This doesn't mean that this command failed. It just tells you, what's
wrong with your smb.conf. See "testparm".

> I want to close a samba share using a command that can be executed
> when i need it or scheduled with at/cron.

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2011-September/164268.html

Regards,
Marc