[Samba] nfs based shared home dir question

Ritter, Marcel (RRZE) marcel.ritter at fau.de
Mon Sep 7 10:20:39 UTC 2015

Hi Louis,

according to your mail user mapping works fine (even with NFSv4 ACLs).

However you're only trying to access the shares as "root".

As far as I understand krb5-based NFS, the username itself
is not what is used on the server side. Instead the credential oft he
user (on client side) is used to tell the server who you are.

So make sure your user (on the nfs client) has a valid ticket
(using kinit / pam_krb5 / pam_winbind).

And if that's the case, "klist" should list a nfs/* principal after the
user tried to access a NFS share.

BTW: That's why I was asking for an output of "klist".

Bye,
    Marcel