[Samba] does ldapsearch work in Samba4

Mark Foley mfoley at ohprs.org
Sun Sep 6 15:39:05 UTC 2015

Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes it does, but Administrator doesn't live where you are asking, it
> lives in 'cn=Administrator,CN=Users,dc=HPRS,dc=local'

Yup! That did work! Thanks, and once I was able to run that successfully it did
show the Admin user as you said:

$ ldapsearch -xLLL -H ldap://localhost:389 -D "cn=Administrator,CN=Users,dc=HPRS,dc=local" -W -b "dc=HPRS,dc=local"
:
objectCategory: CN=Group,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hprs,DC=local
member: CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=hprs,DC=local
:

I'll keep this for the future.

Thanks, --Mark