[Samba] [Samba4] 4.3.0 trust relationship

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 13:04:19 UTC 2015

My bad.

Trust relationship is created and can be check using winbind:
wbinfo -u -> get local users list
wbinfo -u --domain=trusted.domain.tld -> get trusted domain users list
(short domain can be used too)

It can also be validated using --local-dc-username and --local-dc-password
switches:

samba-tool domain trust validate trusted.domain.tld \
 --local-dc-password=trustedAdminPass \
 --local-dc-username=administrator \
 -U administrator at trusted.domain.tld

Using Samba's internal DNS make DNS queries forwarding transparent (with
the few tools I think about to check).

To be able to connect on machine.A.domain.tld using a user from
B.domain.tld you'll have to "Authenticated users" special group to RDP
authorized peoples.

You did a great work Samba team : )

Cheers,

mathias