[Samba] Redirected Folders not working for Desktop

Mark Foley mfoley at novatec-inc.com
Tue Sep 1 02:22:19 UTC 2015

I have a problem I've not been able to figure out.  I'm using Samba4 as the
office AD/DC.  I've set up the Redirected Folders policy to redirect Desktop,
Favorites and Documents to \\mail.hprs.local.  I set this up months ago and it
works great for Documents and Favorites, but Desktop is not redirected (no Desktop):

$ ls -l /redirectedFolders/Users/thisuser/
total 16
drwxrwx---+ 10 thisuser users 4096 2015-08-25 13:08 Favorites/
drwxrwx---+ 19 thisuser users 4096 2015-08-26 14:28 My\ Documents/

Policy settings using RSAT for these 3 entities are exactly the same: "Basic -
Redirect everyone's folder the the same location"; settings: "Move the contents
of Desktop to the new location", Also apply redirect policy to ...  Windows XP
..."; "Redirect the folder back to the local userprofile location when policy is
removed".

Here's a link to the RSAT/GPO screenshot: http://www.novatec-inc.com/pub/redirectedFoldersPolicy,Desktop.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

--Mark