[Samba] Samba 4 + Squidguardian

Andre Freire andre.freire at hotfixtecnologia.com.br
Mon Oct 19 14:35:08 UTC 2015

Hi,

I´m have a Samba 4 Domain Member that I use like a Proxy Server. I use
Squid with NTLM Athentication and work perfecly. My problem is Squidguard
with NTLM Authentication. If I use Samba 4.2.X in my Samba 4 Domain
Controler I watch in Squid LOG only the user name but If I use Samba 4.1.x
or 4.3.0 in my Domain Controler I watch in Squid LOG domain\\user name and
Squidguard Authentication not work.

How can I use Samba 4.3 in my DC and only apear in Squid LOG the name user
whitout domain?

Summing up: If I have a DC with Windows 2k8 or 2k12 ou DC with a Samba
4.2.x, the LOG of Squid show only username and NTLM Authentication of the
Squid and Squidguard work perfecly but if I have a DC with Samba 4.1.x or
4.3.0 the LOG of Squid show "domain\\user name" and NTLM Authentication of
the Squid work but Squidguard don´t work.

Att,
André Freire
Sócio Diretor
E-mail: andre.freire at hotfixtecnologia.com.br