[Samba] machine accounts question

mourik jan heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Wed Oct 14 12:56:20 UTC 2015

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for your reply.

Since no one else responded, I'll rephrase my question, hopefully that
triggers some more replies:

We have some windows 7 machines that log the following during boot:

This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain
controller in domain OURDOMAIN due to the following:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

But for the rest: everything works, also on these same machines: users
can logon, drives are mapped: the machines really seem to be joined to
the AD, and the AD is active with all three DCs.

This problem seems to appear mostly on newer machines, joint to the AD
recently. (AD join using the normal, computer, properties, computer
name, add to domain)

This is sernet-samba 4.2.4, AD-style, running on debian.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Mourik Jan