[Samba] Make a share owned by a service account available to members of an AD group

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 20:45:08 UTC 2015

On 13/10/15 21:27, Tovey, Mark wrote:
>      Yeah, I thought they were a bit behind the curve by supplying 4.0 with the OS, but then the OS itself is several years old too.  Maybe this will help make them push out an updated version of Samba.  They have Samba 4.1 in the OEL7 release, which is still a bit behind, but better.  Perhaps they will make that available to OEL6 too.
>      -Mark

I sort of doubt it, you do know that OEL is based on RHEL (as is Centos)
and it will probably only ever have the packages and versions that RHEL
has. This is one of the problems of using a so called 'Enterprise OS',
they are 'Enterprise' because they only have old well tested packages.
This leads to less bugs because most have already been found.

Rowland