[Samba] samba430-jessie script question

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Nov 30 08:57:24 UTC 2015

Hi bob,

I suggest, you stick on 4.3.0, if you use my script.
I dont advice to compile yourself, but thats what you want.

You can use an unmodified packages also, but you need 2 or 3 packages from debian sid/experimental

To keep is all safe do the following.
Create an preferences file so you can ping the experimental repo.
cat << EOF >> /etc/apt/preferences.d/experimental-samba
Package: *
Pin: release n=jessie,o=Debian
Pin-Priority: 500

Package: *
Pin: release n=jessie,l=Debian-Security
Pin-Priority: 500

Package: *
Pin: release n=jessie-updates
Pin-Priority: 500

Package: *
Pin: release n=jessie-backports
Pin-Priority: 400

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 100

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 50

Package: *
Pin: release a=experimental
Pin-Priority: 400

EOF

cat << EOF >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/experimental.list
#
deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ experimental main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ experimental main non-free contrib
EOF

Run apt-get update && apt-get upgrade.
Of ok, you wil not see an upgrade ( wel at least nog from experimental )

Now, type
apt-get build-dep samba
apt-get source samba -b

and you have your samba debs when finished.
If it did complain about some packages, install them like
apt-get install -t experimental PACKAGE_NAME

Greetz,

Louis