[Samba] limits.conf and AD domain groups

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:43:18 UTC 2015

I am using a member server with AD as my source of accounts. ssh logins
work great.

Yesterday, one of my students wanted to see what a fork bomb was and so now
I need to place ulimits on place. Attempts to use AD domain groups fail. So
I'm not sure this is an issue for samba+winbind or for
/etc/security/limits.conf  and pam.

Here's what I have added in limits.conf

# -- fix fork bomb issue --
@"Domain Users"        soft    nproc           20
@"Domain Users"        hard    nproc           20

And here is what I have in pam.d/common-session

session required pam_limits.so

--
I'm pretty sure the pam stuff is correct because I was able to set nproc
limits on a non-domain user.

But I'm wondering if we can set limits to AD provided groups. Any advice?

--
David Bear
mobile: (602) 903-6476