[Samba] Cross compiling 4.1.17

Per Örbäck per.orback at matthews.se
Thu May 21 02:25:50 MDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to cross compile 4.1.17 for arm but the configure stage fails.
I am running the configure like this:
CC=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc ./buildtools/bin/waf configure
--cross-compile --cross-answers=arm.txt --prefix=~/samba_arm
It fails with the following:
Checking for custom code  : Could not find the python development headers
And in the bin/config.log file:
test.c:(.text+0x8): undefined reference to `Py_Initialize'
test.c:(.text+0xc): undefined reference to `Py_Finalize'

I seams like configure is checking the build machines python version but
try to link a cross compiled one.
I then tried to cross compile python for arm and again run the configure:
CC=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc LDFLAGS=/path/to/crosspythonlib/
./buildtools/bin/waf configure --cross-compile --cross-answers=arm.txt
--prefix=~/samba_arm

It now passes the python tests but again fail, now on "Checking for
small off_t"
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./buildtools/bin/waf", line 76, in <module>
     Scripting.prepare(t, cwd, VERSION, wafdir)

Have anyone cross compiled 4.1.17 with success for arm or know a guide
about how to do?

Thanks
Per