[Samba] getent passwd and getent group reporting only local users

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Tue May 19 08:49:12 MDT 2015

Hi Mario,

> Good day all
>
> I am working with samba4.2.1 DC, created after upgrading from samba3
>
> the DC works fine, however the commands :
>
> "getent passwd" and "getent group"
>
> reports only local users.

from https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4.2_Features_added/changed

"""
    winbindd does not list group memberships for display purposes (e.g.
getent group <domain\<group>) anymore by default.

         The new default is "winbind expand groups = 0" now, the reason
for this is the same as for "winbind enum users = no" and "winbind enum
groups = no". Providing this information is not always reliably
possible, e.g. if there are trusted domains.
"""

Cheers,

Denis

--