[Samba] bind fails to start w/missing records

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Mon May 11 09:33:09 MDT 2015

On Sun, 10 May 2015, Rowland Penny wrote:

> ldbedit -e nano -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
> "CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=europa,DC=icse,DC=cornell,DC=edu"

I successfully fixed up the role owner in DomainDnsZones and
ForestDnsZones. It turned out that ldbedit couldn't do it, as there was
already an fSMORoleOwner, albeit blank (which ldbsearch did not show). I
used ldbmodify instead to replace the role owner, and now all the role
ownerships are correct.

However, it did not make any difference to my inability to restart BIND;
this still fails if I include the samba named.conf.

Steve