[Samba] Trouble Connecting Windows 8.1 RSAT to Samba Domain

Mike 1100100 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:30:39 MDT 2015

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Marc Muehlfeld <mmuehlfeld at samba.org> wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> Am 04.05.2015 um 21:15 schrieb Mike:
>
>> 7.  I'm then back at the All Servers page and I click the Refresh option
>> under Tasks drop-down menu.  The refresh fails and produces a red flag
>> icon.  The error details state:
>>

> Right. I can reproduce this.
>
> I don't know how the Server Manager talks to the machines - if it's RPC or
> something else. You can file a bug report/feature request in bugzilla, to
> track this, if it's not already there. Please add your steps and a level 10
> debug log.
>

> However, you can run all required tools from outside directly and without
> the server manager:
> - Open control panel
> - Go to "administrative tools"
> There you find ADUC (e. g. for user/group management), DNS, Sites &
> Services, Group Policy Management. This are the most common tools you
> require and most thinks work like expected.
>

> Regards,
> Marc

1.  Well this is great news to me that you're able to reproduce the error:
it's nice to know every once in a while that one's lack of skill and
knowledge is not the issue.  <<grin>>

2.  GOLD!!  I have been scouring materials trying to figure out whether the
server manager is absolutely necessary to accomplish many of the items
found in the User Documentation on the Samba Wiki.  If I can accomplish all
the same configuration operations via Admin Tools, then all is well.

Thank you so much for you time and help.

Best,
Mike