[Samba] sssd-ad cannot be installed with sernet samba

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 31 03:08:19 MDT 2015

On 31/03/15 03:54, Sketch wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2015, Rowland Penny wrote:
>
>> On 30/03/15 16:33, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>>>  Right, the correct solution would be to package samba in a way that
>>>  doesn't break sssd.
>>
>> You could also say that sssd should be packaged in a way that works
>> with the sernet packages.
>
> I'm with Luca on this one.  It's not Debian/Ubuntu's responsibility to
> modify their distro packages work with random 3rd party packages. If
> sernet is in the business of building supported packages for Debian
> and/or Ubuntu, they ought to build them to work with Debian and/or
> Ubuntu's packages.

It all depends on what is meant by supported, Debian/Ubuntu supports
their packages and Sernet supports their Samba packages. Why should
Sernet support something they do not supply ? Sernets packages work as a
complete system, they do not need to support the use of sssd with their
packages, their packages work without it.

You could try contacting Sernet on contact at sernet.de
<javascript:linkTo_UnCryptMailto('jxfiql7zlkqxzqXpbokbq+ab?Prygbzq=Ykcoxdb%/-kxze%/- at lkpriqfkd&Zlav=Pbeo%/-dbbeoqb%/-Axjbk%/-rka%/-Eboobk9');>
(I found this in 30s, google 'contact sernet'), but I think that you
will get the same response.

Rowland