[Samba] samba4.2.0 crashes on connection attempt with an internal samba error...

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 28 09:56:17 MDT 2015

On 28/03/15 11:32, Peter Serbe wrote:
> Rowland Penny schrieb am 28.03.2015 10:30:
>
>> I do not understand how you managed to install libgnutls-dev in the
>> first place, when I try to install it, I get:
> Well, it has been about a year ago, when I installed my servers.
> And by then libgnutls-dev had been available without any problem.
> Maybe there are some remnants on the system - I frankly don't know.
> I will definitely try this on a VM, that is already installed.
> (maybe a better idea would be to copy it... it was my first
> attempt with KVM, but it seems to work OK). I will keep notes
> and report, on how I got it running (or failed to do so).
>
> Best regards
> Peter
>

> PS: But first of all I am going to do a little tour with my bike
> (racing bike, not motorcycle... :-) ) - we've got very beautiful
> weather today at the rim of the Alps...

OK, I have had it politely pointed out to me that I am officially an
idiot, I was using a script that I wrote, to install everything and I
made a stupid error in the script and it added wheezy backports to
jessie DOH!

I have now fixed the script and installed 4.2 by compiling it and am now
fighting with systemd, sigh, and this is supposed to be progress.

Rowland