[Samba] Samba AD DC and browsing of shares

Jānis je at ktf.rtu.lv
Thu Mar 19 14:40:16 MDT 2015

Hi!

I know it is not right to have users' home directories and shared maps
on DC, but - is there any workaround which could enable browsing of
shares on Samba4 (4.2) AD DC like it was in good ole times of Samba3 DC?

I heard some workaround exists, but with no details an further references.

Is it crucial to have AD DC if I have to join Windows 7, 8, 8.1 to the
domain and do not plan to use latest bells and whistles of domain
management, just centralized supervision of users (kind of)?

Janis