[Samba] "failed to lookup DC info for domain over rpc" when joining samba4 domain

Tim lists at kiuni.de
Tue Mar 10 01:18:36 MDT 2015

Hey Richard,

first of all I personally think it is better to post logfiles in plain text on the list so that it keeps readable for later users. Just my two cents :-)

What I first saw in your smb.conf is that the netlogon share is named netlogin.

Beside this, I will send you a list of DNS entries I have under _msdcs later. Perhaps it is worth to compare.