[Samba] RPC server not available when windows client attempts to join samba AD

Paul Upson pmupson at thewestmoreland.org
Tue Jun 30 12:37:16 MDT 2015

I am installing a new Samba 4.2 Active Directory server on CentOS 7. I
followed the Wiki instructions on how to create the server. I am using
sernet-samba 4.2 binaries. Everything seems to be OK on the Linux side but
I cannot get any windows client to successfully join the domain. Each
attempt returns the following error message "RPC Server in not available".
Below are the config file info.

I have searched the internet and cannot find any help that works.

Thanks Paul

ifcfg-enp0s3
TYPE=Ethernet
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.42.241
DNS1=192.168.42.241
DEFROUTE=yes
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no
IPV6INIT=yes
IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes
IPV6_DEFROUTE=yes
IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL=no
NAME=enp0s3
UUID=76058991-c999-4e20-a8cd-cea4da9a5be7
DEVICE=enp0s3
ONBOOT=yes
HWADDR=08:00:27:F8:A6:80
PEERDNS=yes
PEERROUTES=yes
IPV6_PEERDNS=yes
IPV6_PEERROUTES=yes
IPV6_PRIVACY=no

smb.conf
\*************************************************
# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = WMAA2
realm = WMAA2.LAN
netbios name = WMAA-AD
dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
security = domain

[netlogon]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/wmaa2.lan/scripts
read only = No

[sysvol]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
read only = No
resolv.conf
*************************
# Generated Manually

domain wmaa2.lan
nameserver 192.168.42.241

*Paul Upson*
IT Support Manager
Westmoreland Museum of American Art @rt 30
4764 State Route 30, Greensburg, PA 15601
724-261-9982
thewestmoreland.org

<http://www.wmuseumaa.org/museum/getevent.cfm?ID=751>