[Samba] pdf-printer

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 03:24:39 MDT 2015

On 30/06/15 10:10, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
> Op 30-06-15 om 08:58 schreef Rowland Penny:
>

>> Hi, did you read to the bottom of this wiki page :
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Virtual_PDF_Printer#Setup
>>
>> By my reading, if you add what it tells you, you should find a new log
>> file in '/var/log/samba/Pdfprint.log'
>>
>> Rowland
>>
> Hi,
>
> Yes I did read that, but there is no output to that log-file, it's not
> created either.
>
> This is my printer section :
> [Pdfprinter]
>         comment = Samba Virtual PDF Printer
>         path = /var/spool/samba
>         printable = Yes
>         lpq command =
>         lprm command =
>         print command = /usr/bin/pdfprint.sh -s %f -d /home/%U -o %U
> -m 600 -l /var/log/samba/Pdfprint.log
>
> Slighty modified (other path, no uppercase), and all on one line. And
> pdfprint.sh is located in /usr/bin and executable by all.
>
> I tried the print command manually (as root) and that works.
>
> Koenraad.

This sounds like a permission problem, if you examine the script, the
logfile is created here:

# Print messages to stdout / logfile
output () {
     if [ -z "$LOG" ] ; then
         echo -e "$(date "+%b %d %H:%M:%S") $*"
     else
         echo -e "$(date "+%b %d %H:%M:%S") $*" | tee -a "$LOG"
     fi
}

I think if you look now, the logfile will exist.

If the logfile exists, I would suggest temporarily making it world
writeable (chmod +w

/var/log/samba/Pdfprint.log