[Samba] Question on mount option == cifs on the remote ACL and also xattr

Min Wai Chan dcmwai at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 18:47:28 MDT 2015

Dear All,

Would need some help about the topic as per subject.

I've a synology DS1815+
And also a samba file server (and also 2 x AD DC)

Both synology and samba file server have join the AD DC (as a member server)

For some reason, I would like to sync a few of the folder with the acl and
also permission.
But due to some strange limitation on how synology implementing the winbind
uid and gid and also not following the RFC2307 ( I believes that is because
for easy ACL management)

The only way I can mount the remote drive is over smb/cifs method..

If there anyway I can sync the files over and still kept the proper acl and
xattr on linux?

Please advise.

Regards,
Min Wai