[Samba] Can't login to Windows 2012R2 with domain user

Christopher Roberts cjr at tridentgarages.co.uk
Wed Jun 17 09:06:07 MDT 2015

> Symptoms: Windows was joined to domain, and after reboot login attempt was
> performed via KVM. Login as AD admininstrator was successful. Then I try
> to login via RDP with same credentials, Windows stuck on "Welcome" screen
> - see http://gyazo.com/12f7a7274445ee7c0eec8bd7b29cf20d and I can't even
> login via KVM console until power cycle.
>
> Please, help me investigate this issue.

I have the same problem connecting to a W2K8 server. Again KVM and again
logging in initially on the console is fine, then I try to login via RDP and
Windows sticks on Welcome screen and after that I cannot get back onto KVM
console until power cycle. I am using Samba 4.2.0 but compiled from git (I
need to update, may well move over to using sernet).

I came across an earlier thread "samba 4.2 RDP problem" which seemed
similar, but as yet I have not been able to test, but I include a link to
the thread below:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2015-April/191191.html

I am hoping to start again next week on this, so will watch how you get on
with interest!

Chris.