[Samba] Removing a Domain Controller

Brady, Mike mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Thu Jun 11 22:00:34 MDT 2015

I am in the process of upgrading my Centos 6/Samba 4.1 AD DCs to
Centos7/Samba 4.2, but I see from a few discussions on the list that it
is currently not possible to remove an AD DC using samba-tool because it
does not delete all the FSMO roles.

Can Windows tools be used to remove the DCs properly?

The Samba Wiki page
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Flexible_Single-Master_Operations_(FSMO)_roles#FSMO_role_management_using_the_Windows_GUI
has a reference to using Windows tools to manage the FSMO roles, but the
referenced page only says that are 5 roles.

Does following this procedure to move the roles actually transfer all 7
roles?

Is there some other way to properly remove and AD DC using Windows
tools?

Thanks

Mike