[Samba] No builtin nor plugin backend for ldapsam found

Francesco Malvezzi francesco.malvezzi at unimore.it
Wed Jun 3 06:42:14 MDT 2015

Il 03/06/15 13:58, Rowland Penny ha scritto:
> On 03/06/15 12:42, Francesco Malvezzi wrote:
>>> Hmm, '--with-ldap' is the default, so you don't really need to give it,
>>> what OS are you compiling on ? what extra packages did you install
>>> before you compiled samba ?
>>>
>>> Rowland
>>
>> it is Debian GNU/Linux Wheezy, with:
>>
>> ii  libldap2-dev:i386                    2.4.31-2
>> i386         OpenLDAP development libraries
>> ii  libsasl2-dev                         2.1.25.dfsg1-6+deb7u1
>> i386         Cyrus SASL - development files for authentication
>> abstraction library
>>
>> do you need extra details? Did I answer to your question?
>>
>> thank for your time,
>>
>> Francesco
>
> No, I don't need any more details and yes, you did answer my question
> (well sort of, I am sure you installed more packages than that).

Yes!

> Stop building samba, add this to /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> # wheezy-backports
> deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian wheezy-backports main
> deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian wheezy-backports main
>
> NOTE: replace 'uk' with your country code, probably 'it'
>
> run 'apt-get update'
>
> install samba with:
>
> apt-get -t wheezy-backports install samba samba-common-bin samba-common
> samba-libs samba-vfs-modules samba-dsdb-modules tdb-tools libwbclient0
> libsmbclient winbind ldb-tools zip arj mktemp acl attr quota krb5-config
> libnss-winbind libpam-winbind libpam-krb5 krb5-user
>
> This will get you samba 4.1.17

that could be fine, but I have already samba installed in /opt and I
would like to install side-by-side samba3 and samba4.

But I understand it takes a lot of time to debug my faulty installation.

In a working install, where is located ldapsam backend lib? ($PREFIX/lib)

thank you again,

Francesco