[Samba] Localized default users and groups

Thilo Uttendorfer tuttendorfer at linux-ag.com
Wed Jun 3 03:53:47 MDT 2015

Hi everyone,

is it possible to have localized default users and groups when provisioning a
Samba 4 domain? E.g. "CN=Administrators" would be "CN=Administratoren"
or "CN=Guest" would be "CN=Gast" in German.

I don't see any options in samba-tool or did I overlook something? (If not,
are there plans to add localization?)

I managed to rename the users and groups below CN=Users but it seems that it
is not possible to rename groups below CN=Builtin (with ldap-tools). I did
not test the ldb-tools, yet. Would this be a  reasonable way to rename the
builtin-groups? Any other recommendations?

Thanks a lot!

Thilo

--
Thilo Uttendorfer