[Samba] Samba 4.2 AD, DC and winbindd

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jun 3 02:00:47 MDT 2015

> I don't have a "server services" line
see the defaults of smb.conf : testparm -vv | grep "server services"
and you have your defaults.

now you know what the defaults are.., now for example my DC.
testparm -vv ( on the DC, samba-tool testparm -vv | grep "server services"  )
gives back:
server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate

imagine, i want to use winbind and not winbindd.
then i just add this to smb.conf
server services = -winbindd +winbind

Greetz,

Louis