[Samba] Binaries for Debian and Ubuntu

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jun 2 03:03:04 MDT 2015

Am 29.05.2015 um 22:22 schrieb Andrew _:
> I figured out that there is no Debian packages because nobody builds them...
>
> So let me ask another question: Why there is no interest in building
> Samba?  There must be some reason for that.

you still don't get it

Debian has a policy to not change the version number for most software
but only backport security and critical bugfixes, not only for samba

PHP Version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.28

do you really think this is just plain PHP 5.3.2?
no it is not - it was built on Oct 29 2014 11:55:11 with recent
backported fixes while 5.3.2 was released on 04 Mar 2010