[Samba] samba4 AD with NATted clients

mourik jan heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Wed Jul 22 13:01:46 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Further to my AD clients through NAT question: has anyone ever tried
this diagnostics tool from microsoft in their samba4 AD installation:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=24009

It's supposed to verify connectivity requirements for AD functionality.
(replication, port status, etc, etc)

At our site, it crashes on verification of udp on port 137. I thought
this was the 'proof' that AD clients through NAT don't work, but when
trying the tool on our regular network, it crashes as well.

Is this tool functional for others here, using samba AD? (or is it
perhaps simply incompatible with samba?)

MJ