[Samba] 4.2.2 as AD with 2 DCs: database incoherency

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 13:31:50 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm having a test AD domain composed with 2 DC, using Sernet's version of
Samba 4.2.2.

These two DC are Centos 6.6 (dc20) and Debian 7.8 (dc00).

These two are using TDB as a backend (as we have no other choice at this
stage of Samba's development).

*dc20*:~# ldbsearch -H $sam '(objectclass=group)' dn | tail -3
# returned 27392 records
# *27389* entries
# 3 referrals
*dc00*:~# ldbsearch -H $sam '(objectclass=group)' dn | tail -3
# returned 27892 records
# *27889* entries
# 3 referrals

I'm wondering with I'm missing 500 groups on dc20 database.

Perhaps this issue comes from the fact there was a space issue on dc00
(/var/log/samba/log.samba fulfilled /var (debug) and database is on same FS
into /var/lib/samba).

Anyway, do we have something to force databases to come back to a coherent
state?
Could we tdbdump the DB on one host then tdbrestore it on the other?

Kindly regards,

mathias