[Samba] krbtgt user not showing aes types

Trever L. Adams trever at middleearth.sapphiresunday.org
Tue Jul 14 20:47:35 UTC 2015

On 07/14/2015 09:47 AM, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 14/07/15 15:46, Trever L. Adams wrote:
>> I have found source4/scripting/devel/chgtdcpass for adding the aes types
>> to machines. I know you have to change the password of normal users.
>>
>> How do you fix this for krbtgt? Can you just change the password? Is
>> there a recommended method?
>>
>> Thank you for any help,
>> Trever
>>

> You could try looking here:
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2015-February/105674.html
>
> Rowland

Thank you Rowland, I am not sure how I missed that in my search. It was
perfect for the keywords I was using.

For anyone who stumbles on this, it is
0004-s4-scripting-devel-Add-tool-to-roll-over-the-krbtgt-.patch that you
are after.

I am using v4-2-stable for building my own. This patch was not applied
to this tree/branch, so you will have to pull it out of the email
message. Apply both parts of the patch. You will need to make
source4/scripting/devel/chgkrbtgtpass executable and then run it.

Thank you again Rowland,
Trever