[Samba] Member Server with problems

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 08:57:43 UTC 2015

On 13/07/15 23:08, Marcio Demetrio Bacci wrote:
> I'm a issue with my File Server as a Member Server. I followed many
> tutorials, but my authentication in Member Server  doesn't work. I think
> the issue is in my krb5.conf  or nssswitch.conf
>
> Follow is my /etc/krb5.conf in a Member Server:
>
> [libdefaults]
>      default_realm = MEUDOMINIO.COM
>
>          MEUDOMINIO.COM = {
>          kdc = 10.133.84.25
>          admin_server = 10.133.84.25
>          default_domain = MEUDOMINIO.COM
>      }
>
>      MEUDOMINIO.COM = {
>          kdc = 10.133.84.25
>          admin_server = 10.133.84.25:88
> }
>
>      [domain_realm]
>          .meudominio.com = .MEUDOMINIO.COM
>          meudominio.com = MEUDOMINIO.COM
>
>      [login]
>          krb4_convert = true
>          krb4_get_tickets = true
>
> The below is my  /etc/nsswitch.conf in a Member Server:
>
> passwd:         compat winbind
> group:          compat winbind
> shadow:         compat
>
> hosts:          files dns
> networks:       files
>
> protocols:      db files
> services:       db files
> ethers:         db files
> rpc:            db files
>
> netgroup:       nis
>
> I'm using debian 7.2 - 64 bits and Samba 4.2.1
>
> Are settings corrects?

OK, this is the /etc/krb5.conf on the laptop I am typing this on:

[libdefaults]
      default_realm = EXAMPLE.COM
      dns_lookup_realm = false
      dns_lookup_kdc = true

This is on Linux Mint 17 (aka Ubuntu 14.04), now you may be thinking,
what has this to do with a member server? Well, a Linux client is really
just a member server by another name.

Having got that out of the way and after you have followed the Samba
wiki pages, if you are still having problems, post again with whatever
errors you get (see the logs etc)

Rowland