[Samba] SAMBA4 AD - Logon Scripts

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Jul 13 16:38:01 UTC 2015

Hello Craig,

Am 10.07.2015 um 17:11 schrieb Craig SHONE:
> Freshly provisioned CentOS 6.6 DC, freshly provisioned CentOS
> 6.6 member/file server.  Logon scripts called login.bat, login.cmd
> and login.vbs all in the netlogon share, all have the same function
> of mapping network drives.
>
> Users can log in fine, can browse the file server, can browse the
> netlogon
> share and run the login script manually without issue.  Unix mappings
> all done and dusted.  Each user has been given a logon script name
> using the RSAT tools.
>
> However, not one of my scripts run automatically if assigned by
> RSAT. If I assign them via GPO, they work perfectly.

Via GPO they are executed, but not via scriptPath attribute? What's the
content of scriptPath attribute? The following command should print you
DNs having a scriptPath attribute set including the value:

# ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb 'scriptPath=*' scriptPath

Additionally, please show me the content of you netlogon share (see
smb.conf for path).

Regards,
Marc