[Samba] Migration Samba3 -> Samba4: Accessing domain member server is not working

Roel van Meer roel at 1afa.com
Thu Jul 9 13:00:07 UTC 2015

Roland Schwingel writes:

[snip]

> So the problem is appearing here:
> [2015/07/06 08:02:47.188335,  0] ../source3/auth/auth_domain.c:
> 302(domain_client_validate)
>   domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user roland in
> domain MYDOM to Domain controller PDCHOST. Error was
> NT_STATUS_LOCK_NOT_GRANTED.
>
> Why on earth is this happening? When my win7 testmachine is trying
> to access the 4.2.2 PDC directly everything is fine and easy. So I believe
> the setup of the PDC is correct.

Hi Roland,

I had the exact same error, although my setup differed slightly. I tested
different versions of Samba, and in my case the problem happened only with
4.2.[0-2]. Samba 4.1.13 does not have the problem, and a build from Git
master doesn't have it either.

So, you might want to try Samba 4.1.19 or wait for Samba 4.2.3.

Hope this helps,

Roel