[Samba] classicupgrade

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Jul 9 10:46:57 UTC 2015

Hello Pisch,

Am 09.07.2015 um 11:42 schrieb Pisch Tamás:
> I had old files with group Domain Users. I see now 513 as group for them. I
> realised that in the ldap database, the "well known" groups don't have
> gidNumber. The users and grups which I created in Samba3 seems ok, they
> have correct gidNumber and uidNumber, and I can use chown locally with them.
> I added the gidNumber attribute to the "well known" groups manually, but
> Domain Users not yet resolvable locally.

The Domain Users group is not migrated - it new created. Assign it the
same gidNumber value, than you had in your previous installation. The
easiest way is to do this via the Unix Attributes tab in ADUC.

Beside the gidNumber, ADUC adds two more attributes:
msSFU30NisDomain: samdom
msSFU30Name: Domain Users

See
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Using_RFC2307_on_a_Samba_DC