[Samba] replacement for winexe?

Jason Haar Jason_Haar at trimble.com
Tue Jul 7 03:38:35 UTC 2015

Hi there

We're starting to play around with Win10 and I've noticed winexe doesn't
seems to work against it - generates a  NT_STATUS_BAD_INITIAL_PC error
when connecting

Looking around it seems like winexe really isn't maintained anymore? -
which may be the reason it doesn't support Win10 as currently you can't
even compile it against a current version of Samba4 (which presumably
contains whatever changes are needed to solve this problem).

 The idea is great - I have tonnes of reasons to want to trigger Windows
calls from Unix systems - so is there an alternative that people have
moved to?

Thanks

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Corporate Information Security Manager, Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Phone: +1 408 481 8171