[Samba] resolv.conf setup and DNS issue

Tim lists at kiuni.de
Fri Jan 30 12:05:10 MST 2015

I'm happy to see that our "samba pros" do not share the same point of view. :-)

In Marcs link, as far as I can see, number 3 points to Rowlands solution while number 2 seems to be Marcs preferred solution.

Today I changed DNS settings on my DCs to Rowlands solution (127.0.0.1) and an issue I had with sysvolcheck seems to gone.

So what best practise does the samba team have?

@Marc: The topic seems to be more important than I initially thought. So thanks for putting this on your list to do.